Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChriS

For Fanatic

Guest ChriS

Have you taken a look at my EDGE mods, levels, texture WAD, sound packs and QDooM PC? How do you like em? Keep your eyes peeled for my new EDGE mod soon :)

Guest Fanatic

I saw the two you uploaded to CDROM.COM a while back, not terribly exciting since it's just a minor addon, but a good start.

Sounds in DOOM of people speaking often don't work well, they quickly become annoying. One off sounds, like the classic DOOM Aliens TC, are quite wonderful if used and placed properly (and have a purpose).

Guest ChriS

What editor do you use? I can sure use a level or 2 for my new EDGE things

Guest Fanatic

You mean level editors?

DOOMCad 5.1 and 6.1, WAD Author, and WAD Studio

Guest ChriS

yes, I have a modified DCK GD settings so far

New IDs for items:
2020=yellow armor
2021=red armor
666=Zombie sniper (needs grafix, using zombieman sprites ATM)
667=M16 rifle
668=possessed marine (uses m16 and drops it when killed, close attack too)
669=possessed marine #2 (fires arach plasma)

there will be more in the future

Guest ChriS
Fanatic said:

I saw the two you uploaded to CDROM.COM a while back, not terribly exciting since it's just a minor addon, but a good start.

Sounds in DOOM of people speaking often don't work well, they quickly become annoying. One off sounds, like the classic DOOM Aliens TC, are quite wonderful if used and placed properly (and have a purpose).

oh yea, check your ICQ for my authorization

Guest Fanatic

You've been auth'd, but I don't use ICQ very often, it's a distraction.

Guest ChriS

If you have AIM, contact me at the SN Coyote6259

Guest Fanatic

I have AIM, but don't use it much at home for the same reasons as ICQ.

If you need help, feel free to email me. I can respond when I have time.

Guest ChriS

Are you any good at modifying a zombieman sprite to have a Sniper outfit, with the lump name SNIP?

Guest ChriS
Fanatic said:

I had a slight DDF problem when I first ran my mod after . I added a double pistol and in the game, and there was a red 0 to the left of the status bar. It's gone now but I had no idea what caused that. If you know of a good sniper sprite, let me know. I can really use it for the zombie sniper.

Guest Fanatic
ChriS said:

Are you any good at modifying a zombieman sprite to have a Sniper outfit, with the lump name SNIP?

Nope. Drawing sprites isn't my area of expertise.

Fanatic said:

I posted some more ideas way back on that edge engine suggestions thread... pretty large chunk.

I especially want the additive effects