Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
orangcard

Problem w/DeePsea & WinDeu

I just downloaded DeePsea, and when I create levels it doesn't show any "things". I also have WinDeu32 and it's doing the same thing. I have win98. Wait, let me change that, it will show my player 1 start, and it will show enemies, but no decorations. Old levels work fine. Only the newly created ones are flunking. Any ideas?

Not that everyone is jumping on this post with ideas, i wanted to say that the problem doesn't exist anymore. And for anyone else who might have the same problem, what I did was shut down my computer, and restart, then ran a thorough scandisk and defrag.

And one more thing---DeepSea, the program is FLY! It's the most stable doom editor I've ever used. But I'm still lost about the changing textures, and the help screens are a little messed up. They must have been written before a revision because they give short-cuts to things which don't exist under the same keys, as well as list some menu options that the names have changed.

Glad to see you solved your problem.

Please send us examples of the "help" file stuff that has bad short-cuts, menu options, etc. and will fix. We try to keep it updated as changes are made, but we miss some:) Send to DEEP@SBSOFTWARE.COM

For how to change textures, please read the help topics that start with "Graphics". How you end up changing graphics, depends both on the kind of graphic (wall, flat, sprites) and the Doom port you use. Press F7 to get the dialog with options geared for graphic mods. The general rules you learn apply to other tools also.

A good way to learn is to look at a level with changed graphics. On our web site are 2 levels primarily made to demonstrate how to change graphics, sounds, etc - KABOOM (for BOOM/ZDOOM, ++) and DEEPATAK (for stock DOOM2). Just look at the .txt descriptions of levels here (and elsewhere) and see if they modified graphics.