Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

Help with `lump` (?) editing

I`m sorry to keep bothering y`all here (You must be getting sick of seeing my name ;) but I got a question.

How do you edit the intermission texts (IE the secret level text) and the level names (As seen on the automap)?

I can`t find any lump in WinTEX that corresponds to these...

try something like this MAPINFO lump code

map map01 "mapname"
next map02
cluster 1

clusterdef 1
hub
exittext
"write your text here"

don't forgot to make a switch or a acs code that ends the level. This will open the intermission screen and let the text appear.

Guest spacedog

or you could use dehacked, 'cos the text is in the .exe

Guest Fanatic

You have to use DEHACKED, text messages aren't in the WAD.

X-DOOM said:

try something like this MAPINFO lump code

map map01 "mapname"
next map02
cluster 1

clusterdef 1
hub
exittext
"write your text here"

don't forgot to make a switch or a acs code that ends the level. This will open the intermission screen and let the text appear.

Cannot find any MAPINFO lump.

Hmmmm.... Is it because I only have a v1.666 WAD?

I really don`t want to have to resort to Dehacked as I want my levels to be playable by anyone with just Doom2.

Jayextee said:

Cannot find any MAPINFO lump.

Hmmmm.... Is it because I only have a v1.666 WAD?

I really don`t want to have to resort to Dehacked as I want my levels to be playable by anyone with just Doom2.

.. bear in mind that what x-doom speaks about is zdoom specific, the mapinfo lump is afaik zdoom only. The other way through dehacked lets you change the texts, but you cant add new ones for instance a ending text after map02...

in zdoom however you may add as many as you like :)

... finally read all of your post and... the only way to change standard doom 2 is actually to use dehacked, my suggestion would be to make the dehacked patch and then put it into the wad (so that ports like zdoom finds it without you having to specify the deh file) and to put the .deh file in the zip along with your wad, that way standard doom2 users can use dehacked to add the deh info and all will be happy (i think doom2.exe just dont care about the dehacked lmp in the wad but not sure).

oh and finally, if you don't know how to do something, just ask, thats what these forums are here for regardless what other might say....