Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cybersquirrel

Help, please

Guest cybersquirrel

I've noticed that DeHackEd doesn't let you change the code pointers for frames which have a code pointer of 0 or set any code pointer to 0. Can anyone reccomend an editor that lets me get around this problem, and preferably tell me where I can download it from? Cheers.

Guest fanatic

You'd have to program an engine or use one that supports scripting, like ZDOOM or EDGE. Both have download links in the DOOM World source port section, look there.

ok, this is how it is, if you want to use the dehacked way of modifying doom you'll have to use a .bex supporting source port (ie any port based or supporting boom), this includes zdoom, mbf prboom/boom and if not yet then hopefully soon legacy. the .bex format is like an extension to the .deh format and among other features includes just what your asking for (ie assigning codepointers to any frame). so far is everything is good ... but the thing is that no .bex editor exist, you'll have to turn the .deh into a .bex file yourself which isn't that hard since both are pure text files.

another way is to use the edge engine which let you modify just about everything, the downside here is that it uses a completly different language and no editor exist for that one either.