Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malice Rancor

Win2000

I was trying to set some programs up for one of my friends, but some stuff doesn't seem to work on windows 2000.

Anyone know if the problem is that some stuff like Legacy and Dehacked are just not compatible with 2000. Most things seem to work fine like Zdoom and Wintex but others are just not working.

Guest spacedog

Try the win32 version of legacy, because win2000 doesn't have proper dos suport, a lot of dos programs just won't run. although there may bean emulator about somewhere

i had to wipe out my fresh installation of win2k since i realliesed that so much stuff doesn't work under it, the sollution for me was to do a dual boot install (ie more than one single partition on the harddrive and then have win98 and win2k installed simultainious).

the thing is that win2k is very restriktive about what programs may use and sadly dos programs are highly affected and most of them simply won't run.

What you really need to do is install Win95. I would recommend Dos 6.22 and Win 3.11 (the last big OS's to work properly) but there is no support for them anymore.

but i have to admit.. i ran win95 osr2 until only half a year ago when i upgraded to win98 (and now to win2k) and i've actually never had any really bad experience...

WinME is slightly more compatible, but you may still get problems, often soundwise. I only play Doom2 via ZDoom anyway, so ME works fine for me. I just have to boot with a start disk to run DCK, which is kinda irritating, but I can live with it.