• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

sound files into .wad

Guest God of Damn

Use wintex, you can download it off this site

I tried wintex - that program is impossible - I mean impossible. Way back when when I barely knew a thing about computers - I had this teeny little program that's soul purpose was replacing and extracting sounds in doom. Any idea what this program is? Unless someone is willing to tell me step by step how I would replace a sound in doom, there's no way in hell I'm using wintex.... Not to harp on it or anything - it's just that the program is too powerful and too advanced for my needs.

replacing sounds in doom is one of the easiest things to do. So if anyone can tell me the easiest way to do it- that'd be great, thanks.

Guest c-d-w
Hellbent said:

I tried wintex - that program is impossible - I mean impossible. Way back when when I barely knew a thing about computers - I had this teeny little program that's soul purpose was replacing and extracting sounds in doom. Any idea what this program is? Unless someone is willing to tell me step by step how I would replace a sound in doom, there's no way in hell I'm using wintex.... Not to harp on it or anything - it's just that the program is too powerful and too advanced for my needs.

Using wintex to replace anything other than textures is easy.
For your purpose, just:
-Open your wad
-Click the sound button
-Click 'Edit' Menu then 'Load entry from file'
-Choose from the list of available entries in the drop-down box
-Choose your file name in the 'open' window
-Save your wad
-Done

If you are thinking about 'Dmaud' - do not use it, it's ancient, and usually puts a lot of wasted space into your wad.
Wintex isn't 'impossible', it even comes with a (gasp!) manual.

c-d-w said:

Using wintex to replace anything other than textures is easy.
For your purpose, just:
-Open your wad
-Click the sound button
-Click 'Edit' Menu then 'Load entry from file'
-Choose from the list of available entries in the drop-down box
-Choose your file name in the 'open' window
-Save your wad
-Done

If you are thinking about 'Dmaud' - do not use it, it's ancient, and usually puts a lot of wasted space into your wad.
Wintex isn't 'impossible', it even comes with a (gasp!) manual.

Ok, I got it installed-- I downloaded vbrun300.dll and put it into my windows/system folder. But now when I run it says "A device attached to the system is not functioning" when I run the program.... Any thoughts?

Use New Wad Tool 1.3... It rulez... unfortunatly it's dos based but what the hey. It might not have as many features as Wintex but I sure love this program! I think it can be downloaded here on www.doomworld.com too