Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nodus

Map Problem

Guest Nodus

I have a map that i worked on for about a week using doomcad 6.1(the screwiest map editor ive ever used, dont ask me why im using it). After tons of hours put into the map, it decided to not work exactly after the final build.

Whenever i tried to run the map it gave me some weird message like memory error at ffffff or some crap. now when i try to run it, my screen just goes black and i have to reboot. Does anyone know how to fix this, what i couldve done to cause it, and/or if my stupid map is corrupted beyond repair?

If you would like to send it to me, I'm willing to take a look at it. My email address is to the left under my portrait.

I have had the exact same problem. The error message varies though, from time to time. I don't know how to fix any of it, but some ports will still run your map just fine.

Normal doom, Jdoom and Legacy seem to have problems first.
If whatever is causing this to happen in my level gets worse, then Zdoom and maybe after that Edge32 stop running it.
Smmu seems really stable with whatever problems I have, but I
have used Mbf longer and it has always run my maps, even when
all the other ports that I was using at that time, would crash.

Guest Nodus

I did get the same black screen when i ran it with JDoom.

Can you tell me what Mbf is? I would at like to see if anything could possibly run it now.

Guest Fanatic

I use DOOMCad a lot too, you can send the level to me to check out if no one else can help (or has any luck) (marcpullen@mindspring.com).

Hopefully you are saving your level as versions, like mymap_01.wad, mymap_02.wad, etc, each time you make significant changes, so if something like this happens, you can revert back to the last good build.

DOOMCad also make an OLD.WAD in the same directory as your level before saving, maybe you can load that and see if it's bombed out too.

Nodus said:

I did get the same black screen when i ran it with JDoom.

Can you tell me what Mbf is? I would at like to see if anything could possibly run it now.

Mbf is "Marines Best Friend", you can fine it in the ports section of this website. It is a DOS port.

Smmu is almost just like Mbf, I think it is just a modified version actually. "Smack My Marine Up" is what it stands for.
This is also in the DOS section of the Port section on this site.