Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mewcat23

The wad files

Guest mewcat23

I have two questions: it is possible to making a wad files who support more than 256 colors ?

And a recently added some flats and patches in my wad but when I edited the wad with wadauthor I can't see the new flats or patches, I can see just 1 of the new..and example I replacing the zzzface7 flats, but the other zzzface* I saw in the editor I can't see them in my wad and the zzzface7 I can see it in my wad but when I see it in the editor is not changing the editor is keeping the old image of them....Why all this not correctly ??

Guest Nodus

I use doomcad so i dont know if this would solve any problem with what your using. But in order to see the graphics i replace or add in my wad editor, i have to merge the pwad i uploaded the stuff with my main doom wad, and reload it when im done with the map. Maybe you can find a way to make wadauthor look in your pwad for texture reference.

This is a bug in WadAuthor, but there is a work-around. If you use Wintex or Deepsea and look at all the data lumps you will see the flats start with ff_start but end with f_end. You'll need to change the f_end to ff_end.

In Wintex load the wad and click the ALL button. Scroll down till you see the F_END entry. Highlight it and click the Guru_Only menu item and then select Rename entry. Rename F_END to FF_END and click OK. You'll be able to see the flats next time you load it in WadAuthor.

Guest prets
Nodus said:

I use doomcad so i dont know if this would solve any problem with what your using. But in order to see the graphics i replace or add in my wad editor, i have to merge the pwad i uploaded the stuff with my main doom wad, and reload it when im done with the map. Maybe you can find a way to make wadauthor look in your pwad for texture reference.

to have wadauth grab texes from other wads, just right-click in the void, and select properties, then select include any ictures from an external wadfile - or something like that (u will have to specify the external wad, of course =)