Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nodus

Pain in the Butt

Guest Nodus

Okay im just making this post to display my anger at my fate to screw up every wad i start on. I reached about 120 sectors on my second wad (The first one being one of those in last weeks newstuff that im sure just about no one liked, no not trident.)

But anyway, doomcad or wintex or one of the screwy programs decides, "Hey itd be cool if I set all of the sector floors and ceilings to weird numbers like -128763 and 2384976, and i set the birghtness in them all to an unusualy large number also. Hey while Im at it Ill reset all the flats, and erase all the custom textures from the wad. Wooohoo!"

So here I am going through 120 sectors, and putting things back to what they used to be, or at least trying to. Im sure some one might find this funny...

Guest Fanatic

Save your maps in increments as backups.

For example, MAP01_01.WAD, MAP01_02.WAD, etc.

That way if something like this happens to you, you can go back to the last good copy and start over without loosing too much.

I usually save to a new increment when I do/build something significant that would be a huge pain to redo, like a whole room, or a bunch of texture alignment, etc.

Guest Nodus

I usualy do this but unfortunantly this happened right after I cleared out my doom folder, and the backups happened to get deleted as well. But Ive fixed up the map now, only took about oh say 5 hours...

Nodus said:

evil hybrid

That was a good level. Nicely detailed. I did however notice some visual strangeness in some parts though. Probably due to all those duplicate vertices. Seems to me you are a talented level maker who is being held back by a crap buggy editor.

Guest Nodus

Thanks. Actualy it was the nodesbuilder I was using. But as of releasing it ive gotten a new one, and cleared up all the leaks.