Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hypr

whats everyone donating to the freedoom project ?

im donating 3 new colored skull keys and a mafia guy sprite i eddited

What do you mean by "edited"? If its based on the original sprites we cant use it.

fraggle said:

What do you mean by "edited"? If its based on the original sprites we cant use it.

..or indeed any sprites that are not given away utterly free.

additional:

bkey	blue key		done		julian
rkey	red key			done		julian
ykey	yellow key		done		julian
bsku	blueskull key		done		julian
rsku	redskull key		done		julian
ysku	yelskull key		done		julian
The key sprites are all done! Please do not submit sprites that have already been done- we are not replacing any material until we have every sprite completed.

i have these cool floors that i can contribute , i wanted to contribute music but its done :(

hypr said:

i have these cool floors that i can contribute , i wanted to contribute music but its done :(

The music isnt finalised actually. A lot of the music we have at the moment sucks so we could still use extra music if its good :)

hmm ill donate music i should
go get some mids , number them , zip them and upload them

*sight*
Some people don't seem to understand that "we can't use stuff that's copyrighted" mean THAT WE CAN'T USE STUFF THAT IS COPYRIGHTED! Did you actually create *any* of the MIDIs you submitted? Did you actually open them in *any* MIDI program? Oh wait, I bet you just got WinTex and ripped those MIDIs out of some Doom music wads; look, the MIDI copyright says "mus -> midi".

Those are the songs I recognized, I guess there are alot I don't know:
#4.mid - some NIN song, don't know it's name
#7.mid - Smells Like Teen Spirit
#10.mid - Paint It Black
17.mid - Smells Like Teen Spirit, heh
23.mid - not sure about that song's name, maybe "das boot" or something?

Please, DON'T submitt copyrighted stuff (i.e. material you did NOT do yourself), you'll save everybody's time!

The music isnt finalised actually. A lot of the music we have at the moment sucks so we could still use extra music if its good :)

LIES!!!
/me feels threatened
grrrrrrr

Jon said:
The key sprites are all done! Please do not submit sprites that have already been done- we are not replacing any material until we have every sprite completed.

I don't see any particular reason to make a policy of that. (Although my hatred of the "imp" sprites may be affecting my opinion there.)

cph said:

I don't see any particular reason to make a policy of that. (Although my hatred of the "imp" sprites may be affecting my opinion there.)

cph, the reason is we don't have a clear system to decide whether to replace something. Presently, if we allowed replacements it would pretty much be at the admin's discretion, which isn't really fair. What we could *really* use is some kind of fair voting system for people who have contributed something, but since that is a fair amount of work its not worth completing until we've actually finished replacing everything, imho.

I hate the imp sprites too :)

Jon said:

I hate the imp sprites too :)

i like the imp sprites! although they don't really belong in doom imo.

hmm its going to be hard to donate music , these mids were from music wads i created for better music in doom

Fraggle is riped music from my own music wads ok ?

but theres still the problem about the mus 2 mid copyright tag #13 or #14 in my opinion would be good for a boss theme tho

hypr said:

Fraggle is riped music from my own music wads ok ?

If you made the midis from scratch yourself, as original music (ie. they arent mid versions of real songs by another artist) then it is ok. I havent heard the mids yet but Tarin says that they are versions of Nirvana and NiN songs: if true, this is not ok.

ok ill find music of the artists and erase them from the zips this will help abit i named it the same archive but theres only 15 mids now

picklehammer said:

with all due respect,

it's obvious that you didn't compose a single midi of that

thats it. i have GOT to download these midis. =D

hmm i wanted to donate these cool flats i have but theres still the matter of copy right issues so ill scrap it , i dunno what hires flates are ,

music sounds good

sounds hmm do they have to be like home made ?

im not good at making sprites or levels ill just concerning the levels i always have problems with sectors not closing correctly

gfx i might be able to help on , if im lucky

and i dunno what hires patches are

does freedoom need a dehacked patch ?

Actually, it may do. We've discussed it in another thread- people may want to custom-title their levels, and the artists who redesign the monsters (be it sounds or sprites) may decide that they want the monster called something different. These could be catered for in a DEH lump that boom compatible ports would use, and non-boom compatible ports would ignore. It wouldn't change any game settings, just text strings, so it wouldn't interfere with demos etc.

so what port will freedoom run in after all the finalising is done the dehacked patch should also be the last thing to do just incase of last minute changes

At present that is:

• boom
  • mbf
  • smmu
  • zdoom
  • boomsday
  • legacy
  • prboom
  • eternity
There must be others I've forgotten.