Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fragg

Wildman ...... a question

Guest fragg

I used your little 5k "Construct".wad to learn how to make fancy sectors in WadAuthor. It was real fine document. Clear and well written. I expanded your Construct into a single map.
Big thanks.

QUESTION:
WadAuthor's docs are scattered in bits n'pieces (in form of a Windows "Help File"). Tons of mouse-clicking yields only tiny bites of info, with tons of links ("click this to go here and learn more"). It's a real chore to use. No provision given to Print the whole thing. There's a primitive tutor you CAN print out that teaches little more than building a room n'corridor.

Any chance talking you into writing general WadAuthor Tutorial? We could then print the whole thing with one Click.
I realize if you tried to do it all at once it would interfere with your other work.
So how about considering this .....
Write it in chapters. Each chapter covering one concept. When first chapter is done, release it for download. Then start next chapter. Then release that. Before you know it you've written "Wildman's WadAuthor Tutor".
RESULT:
All over Doomworld, etc. --- Wauthor guys are shooting off skyrockets in yer honor! wow.
Fragg

Yeah, Rick, that would be swell. But all joking aside, one way to do it is to trawl through these forums, picking up on key questions (some of which may even have been answered by you) and the answers. You don't know how much help you and other veterans (such as Lut, Fanatic, etc.) have been through these forums. I'd be willing to lend a hand, as I am a big WadAuthor fan myself.

Guest fragg

Wildman thanx for positive reply. We know you're busy, and will just patiently wait till you find time for Chapt 1.
Happy New Year.
fragg

Guest fragg

ReX thanks for giving big boost to Tutor idea. And thanks again for pointing out to me and the forum, his Construct.wad. I got much outta that.
I hope he takes you up on your offer to help. You know a lot and also write things very clearly. You'd be mucho big help. Happy New Year.
fragg