Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BMAN17

Hexen Editing resources would help me....

Guest BMAN17

I know that this sites name is Doomworld, and deals with "doom" as suggested in the sites title but I've noticed very little to doom's siblings such as heretic, strife, and hexen. It would help me a lot to have various files and resourses on the aspects of hexen editing, such as a better exe-edit program, the only one I found was something called hex. "something like that." I don't really need a program that changes all the data of the hexen exe file, something that would just let me change the names of maps, weapons, etc. Any other information on hexen editing would be helpful too.

Thanks for reading.

Wintex works with Hexen to edit the games resources. I know there is or was a version of Dehacked that would work with Hexen (at least I seem to remember one).

A good source of information for Hexen editing is the 3D Alchemy book. It covers all the data items in Hexen. Since Hexen uses ACS you don't really need to hack the exe; you can just use ACS and the data lumps (mapinfo) to do the things you mentioned.

The tutorials I have on the ZDoom tech page are applicable to Hexen in a lot of cases. ZDoom uses the Hexen format in native ZDoom mode. Look these over and they will help you get started. Look at Randy's editing docs as well. He explains the data lumps which Hexen uses.

As far as making maps, both WadAuthor and DeepSea support Hexen editing so you can use either one.