• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BMAN17

More Hexen Questions

Guest BMAN17

I have a couple of more questions...

First is music in hexen, I can change the maps music, but I can't change the title music and/or other music shuch as intermissions. I changed the map music by editing the data lump file sndinfo "I think thats the name." Then I copied mus files into the music section and gave them names such as song1.mus and so on.

My second question also deals with data files. I managed to change the map names to what I wanted without having to do any exe modifying, I did this using the mapinfo lump, but I wanted to know if I could change things such as the names of weapons, items, puzzle items, and etc. And if it's possible change the look of the game map.

Thanks for your help.
If this T.C ever sees the light of day
it's gonna be cool.

You can replace most things just by naming them the same in your .wad file, e.g. if the Hexen music is called TITLEMUS or whatever, just call it that in your .wad.

Not many people here are into Hexen editing I'm afraid (actually there don't even seem to be that many into Doom editing), but there's a bunch of people making a Hexen TC at http://www.korax-heritage.com/korax-heritage.html , maybe you could ask them for some advice.