• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NiCoTiNe

WadAuthor crashing?

Guest NiCoTiNe

*I am new to editing Zdoom.

Okay, basically, everytime I use WadAuthor with the zdoom.wcf, as soon as I add a sector it causes an illegal operation or invalid page fault in the WadAuthor.EXE. WadAuthor works fine with all the other game configurationsm but when I switch to zdoom.wcf it crashes as above mentioned.

At the moment, the only way I can make levels with zdoom affects is to build the level in another editor and load it up into wadauthor using the zdoom.wcf, even then I gotta be really carefull what I do or it'll crash. I can't just build the wad in wadauthor using the normal doom2 configuration and then load the zdoom config cause it crashes as soon as I do that.

What the fuck is going on? Any ideas why it would crash when I add a sector using the zdoom.wcf?

Have you created a ZDooM-compatible IWAD of your DooM2.wad? You will not be able to use WadAuthor with the ZDooM.wcf configuration unless you convert DooM2.wad into ZDooM format. To convert it use zwadconv.exe (available in a utility pack from the downloads section of zdoom.notgod.com). Remember to convert a copy of DooM2.wad, as the original needs to be available too.

You will need to edit your ZDooM.wcf file to indicate the new name of your IWAD (e.g., ZDooM2.wad). You'll also need to make sure that your WadAuthor directory contains the following files -- zcommon.acs, zdefs.acs, zspecial.acs, and zwvars.acs. If you want to be able to run your level from within WadAuthor, you'll have to edit your .ini file to include the following:

[DEBUG]
NoWARun=1

For further details, refer to Rick "Wild Man" Clark's excellent tutorials at zdoom.notgod.com/zdhtech/

Guest NiCoTiNe

Heh, I kinda wish I had of checked the forum earlier...

I just spent an hour figuring out what you just told me :P