Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mechasam

i posted this in the general forum

i have made a map using waded which is too big and therefore waded cannot handle it.. so i made a cut off point in the level, i made a new map and continued the cut off point.. how do i join those two together in the same mission? i tried copying and pasting in wad author, it doesnt work and dck doesnt work for me.

-The Baron of Hell is my bitch

I am not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to merge the two maps together? If so you can do that in WA.

First set the Thing filter to NONE in the second map (to one you are copying from). Then select Edit|Select All from the menu. Select Edit|Copy. Close this map and load the first map )the one you are copying to) and make sure the Thing filter is set to None.

Select Edit|Paste. Now the second map will be on the first and highlighted. Be careful here! Click and hold the highlighted second map. Drap it to the connection point. Release the mouse. Join the connecting linedefs and you are ready to go.

Guest Dream Destroyer

Well, what happens if there are linedefs that trigger stuff on both maps, and they both use the same tag number.

I am certain both WadAuthor and Deep renumber the tags when maps are pasted together.

Unless I'm just a fucking idiot.

I know it works in Deep. WadAuthor never caused me any problems, but I never had many tags it could mess up, so now I'm not sure.

Lüt said:

I am certain both WadAuthor and Deep renumber the tags when maps are pasted together.

I know it works in Deep. WadAuthor never caused me any problems, but I never had many tags it could mess up, so now I'm not sure.

Dream Destroyer said:

Well, what happens if there are linedefs that trigger stuff on both maps, and they both use the same tag number.

With Wadauthor, you will have to find those lines and renumber them manually if necessary. Wadauthor keeps the tag numbers as they are, I just tried it.

Lüt said:

Haha, double post, and I didn't notice for two days. I guess I really am an idiot :P I'll leave this here for everybody to laugh at.