Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elfshadow23

A question about Dehacked.

Guest Elfshadow23

Is there a version of Dehacked available that works with ZDoom? Or do you have to load it up with a regular v1.9 exe and write it to a deh file to insert to wad or use as a command line option?

Does Dehacked work with doom95.exe ? I Installed doom a while back using only doom95 (didnt know about zdoom) because my sound card refuses to work in Doom.exe or doom2.exe...

ELFSHADOW

You can load DeHackEd files in ZDoom (and many other ports) from the command line:
zdoom -deh yourdehfile.deh

There's no way of loading DeHackEd files in Doom '95 I'm afraid. ID probably deliberately told the people making it not to include support for it, as they don't (or didn't) really like .deh files.

BTW, to further what Tarin says, some ports may require you to type -dehacked rather than -deh. I think Legacy does this.

If you want to use a port for your DeHackEd stuff, remember that it isn't supported in all of them. EDGE doesn't support it at all AFAIK, and several aspects of it are incompatible with the latest version of ZDoom.

Using ZDoom, Skull Tag, and a couple of other ports, you can also store DeHackEd files as a lump called DEHACKED within your .wad .