Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elfshadow23

Dehacked/Zdoom new monster question.

Guest Elfshadow23

Ok, im trying to replace the SS NAZI, cause I know for a fact it's a monster i'm not gonna use in my levels.

What I'm wondering is this -

1) I've noticed the SS Nazi dosnt appear in the Cast list at the End of doom2.... can I make him appear?

2) Can you give something Partial Invis and Stealth? So he is completely invisible except when inactive, attacking, or in pain, and when he is those, its partial invis too? (I've noticed there is no 'Stealth Spectre')

3) Is it possible to increase the damage from a close combat attack? (I.e and Imps/Barons claws?)

4) Going off the topic a bit... I read that rather than have the exit switch go to the next level, it can go to a text screen, or the end game/cast of creature area.... how do I do this?

Help will be appreciated.... thx.

ELFSHADOW

Elfshadow23 said:

4) Going off the topic a bit... I read that rather than have the exit switch go to the next level, it can go to a text screen, or the end game/cast of creature area.... how do I do this?

In ZDooM you can insert a MAPINFO lump, which is a text file that can contain various types of instructions. One type of instruction is to have a message typed out when a level is complete. (I'm not sure how you can set it up to go directly to the end/game cast of enemies area, though.) Refer to Rick "Wild Man" Clark's tutorials at zdoom.notgod.com/zdhtech for details on inserting a MAPINFO lump.

Q 1) No, I have not found a way using DEH. It would need you to play with the source code instead.

Q 2) You can give something partial invisibility constantly in zdoom, or use one of the stealth monsters (which can't be dehacked). Zdoom also has a bit alias of "STEALTH" which should make the thing behave as a stealth monster. Download the editing tools for zdoom and read zdoomref.txt or check the full manual (html version) on the site, or down load it. There are two ways to give a monster constant partial invisibility in zdoom. One is to set the partial invisibility bit in deh for that thing and then choose in the game options to use "fuzz effect" where your partially visible thing will look like the old spectre "predator" type invisibility. Alternatively, do not use "fuzz effect" and your thing will be drawn fairly translucent. Alternatively, you can set exactly how translucent you want your thing to be by adding the line "Translucency=x" to your Thing block, where x is some number between 0 and 65535.
0 is invisible, and 65535 is fully opaque. That last bit was a direct cut and paste from a post on the zdoom forum by Randy Heit about which he later said that the maximum value was slightly higher (by only 1 or 2), but I have used the above in deh/bex patches to get 25%, 50%, 75% and 90% translucency and it worked fine.

Q 3) AFAIK, No

Q 4) Like Rex says...