Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

I'm lost.............

Guest PFCGray

Hey does anyone know how to convert a MIDI file into a MUS file? I got WinTex and even though it says it has an external MIDI2MUS converter, every time I try to load a MIDI entry it says "Bad command" or something like that. I would be very thankful if someone told me what I'm doing wrong or they could tell me where to get some other MIDI to MUS converter.

Try looking for dmmusic, midi2mus, and conversly mmus2mid (yes, it's spelled right). It may convert better than wintex, but AFAIK they don't have DooM II support, so you may need to insert it into the wad as a DooM I music entry, then use wintex to rename it to the required DooM II music entry.

Wintex won't convert your file formats around. It SAYS it can, but I've yet to see it not generate an error you can work around.

Guest PFCGray
Drat said:

Try looking for dmmusic, midi2mus, and conversly mmus2mid (yes, it's spelled right). It may convert better than wintex, but AFAIK they don't have DooM II support, so you may need to insert it into the wad as a DooM I music entry, then use wintex to rename it to the required DooM II music entry.

I tried both midi2mus AND dmmusic, but they're DOS programs. I need something for Windows. If I have, can I email a zip file of all the midi's to someone that can change them to MUS then send them back to me? That would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Fanatic

All Wintex does is open a DOS prompt and pass the file to convert to MIDI2MUS.EXE.

Why can't you use a DOS program like this? It's rather simple.

You just save your MIDI to the folder where MIDI2MUS.EXE is and type MIDI2MUS mymidi.mid. Ain't hard....