Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ViperBoy

So I've made the the gib work but....

... when they appear they land on the same place (relative to the monster that spawns it) - it doesn't fly in random directions... does anybody know how to fix this ?

(i posted a message about this subject earlier)

Well, I don't know about triple spawner, but usually I just use a normal, projectile attack.

I make it gravity-effected (ie, don't use nogravity), and i put the attack angle in a very wide cone (slope_offset=90; accuracy_angle=90; accuracy_slope=45;)

And usually i use 2 different attacks so that it can go in all directions (for some reason it screws up when any accuracy value exceeds 90, may want to do 80 just to be safe).

You can use the randomjump mechanism to pick a gib graphic at random (use randomjump and have that sequence of flying gibs refer back to the starting state):

// 1/3 chance it will go into any of these phases and stay there
states(idle)=gib1:a:0:normal:randomjump:85:5,
gib1:a:0:normal:randomjump:85:7,
gib1:a:2:normal:nothing,
gib1:b:2:normal:nothing,
gib1:c:2:normal:nothing,#idle:3,
gib1:d:2:normal:nothing,
gib1:e:2:normal:nothing,
gib1:f:2:normal:nothing,#idle:6,
blah, blah, blah...

and put a FUSE=0.4; so that it dies at about the same time it would normally hit the ground (make the death sequence like a pool of blood or standard gibs or something).

Guest Fanatic

Use the bounce specials and speed to make them move about.

Go to http//edge.sourceforge.net and look at the DDF documentation for more on what you can use.

sirgalahadwizar said:

Thanx... But I've found a better of getting rid of the sprite.
I drew an animation of 4 pictures that make the gib rotate (a heart for example). Then I made a 5th picture of that heart, collapsed and thanx to my "brilliance" that fifth picture is only used when it hits the ground. Plus I can add a nice "prrfft!" sound for that same ocation...

BTW: Maybe you'd like to check out a mod I'm developing ?

Well, my method was only for if you wanted to save time and have only one attack defined for gibs (and let the randomjump operation takeover, just call this attack multiple times and a heart is bound to pop out [but maybe two heads!]).

How <DID> you get the sprites to instantly die when they hit the ground? Did you keep them as non-bouncing missiles? Didn't know edge had a funtion to make something change when it hit the ground (did v1.25 get released and i didn't know about it?)

Guest Fanatic

Did you check the MAKEDEAD pointer? That's one way, put that in the bounce states, or use a #DEATH redirector at the end of the BOUNCE states.