Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

Windows 2000 Question for Fanatic

I saw on the DooMWorld news and on Asylum that you will be re-upgrading to Windows 2000. I recently installed WinTex on my Win2000 computer but couldn't get it to run. You and others had made some suggestions, but I couldn't fix the problem:

http://www.doomworld.com/forums/editing/messages/10588.shtml

Any chance you can install WinTex on your system after the upgrade and tell me how it works? Thanks.

Hiya.

Well, I can tell you I'm running W2k Pro and WinTex 4.3 works just fine for me. What error are you getting?

The error message is:

WINTEX caused a General Protection Fault in Module USER.EXE at 0001:6797. Choose Close. WINTEX will close

For the full earlier discussion, check out:

http://www.doomworld.com/forums/editing/messages/10588.shtml

Guest Fanatic

It works just fine for me under Win2K Pro and Server.

I've always saved the VBRUN300.DLL in the same directory as Wintex.exe, I didn't change anything between the OS changes, and it works just fine either way.

Where did you save your VBRUN300.DLL?

If it's in the system path, try moving it to the the dir as Wintex.exe and see if that fixes it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a VB program bomb out in the system path.

Fanatic said:

Where did you save your VBRUN300.DLL?

Originally I'd forgotten to put VBRUN300.DLL anywhere. I got an error message and realized I was missing this file. I put it into the system folder, which didn't work. I tried it in various folders with no luck (the error message had changed, so I figured VBRUN300.DLL was not the problem). And yes, I did try it with the file in the same folder as WinTex. I even deleted the files from the system folder but kept it in the WinTex folder. Can't figure it out.

I wonder if the lack of a sound card could be causing the problem. My original computer had sound, and my .ini file probably reflected that. When I changed my computer (no sound card) I copied the files over, including the .ini file. I didn't make any changes to the sound portion. Wonder if that could be the cause. (But on the other hand, I did a fresh install of WinTex and keep getting the same problem. Sound shouldn't be a factor.)

Guest Fanatic

Dunno, I don't see anything about sound in my wintex.ini.

Are you using Wintex 4.3?

Are you getting any errors in your Dr. Watson log or in Event Viewer about this? (I doubt you will tho)

oh, I have seen this post lately...it's all dependend on what version number your rundll is !
I figured out that it will only work with 3.0.5.38 since I had the same problems. I'm using Wintex 4.3

Guest Fanatic

Ah, good point. I have the same DLL (has it for years).

Mine is 3.0.5.38, and from DOS:

05/12/1993 12:00a 398,416 VBRUN300.DLL