Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gôvernôr Barôn

door locks

Guest Gôvernôr Barôn

whats the zdoom combo lock to have all three keys (red, blue, yellow) in order to open the door?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. If you mean what's the number of the linedef type, then I'm afraid there isn't really a straight answer.

You see, the ZDoom door types allow you to insert different speeds for how quickly they open/close and how long they stay open, etc, as well as which keys to use, all of which alter the number if changed.

Most editors that are actually capable of editing in ZDoom/Hexen mode, such as Deepsea and ZETH, just have dialogue boxes where you type in the speed and delay and select what (if any) keys are required by ticking or unticking boxes.

I assume you mean what is the "code" to use in a script or with an ACS_Special (ACS_LockedExecute and Door_LockedRaise specials). The number is 101. Refer to the following page on ZDooM editing for more details:

http://zdoom.notgod.com/reference/keys.html

NiGHTMARE said:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. If you mean what's the number of the linedef type, then I'm afraid there isn't really a straight answer.

You see, the ZDoom door types allow you to insert different speeds for how quickly they open/close and how long they stay open, etc, as well as which keys to use, all of which alter the number if changed.

Most editors that are actually capable of editing in ZDoom/Hexen mode, such as Deepsea and ZETH, just have dialogue boxes where you type in the speed and delay and select what (if any) keys are required by ticking or unticking boxes.

Careful which keys you use though. The BOOM level "Ash 2 ash" currently in "newstuff" has a 3 key door that illustrates a zdoom bug. It only works in zdoom if the yellow key is the skull. The card won't do it.

Nigel:

How the heck do you discover such arcane bugs? (Not that I'm not impressed with this ability, mind you.) Good stuff!

ReX

In this case I tried Ash2ash from the newstuff (a boom level) in zdoom. The three key door wouldn't open after collecting all the keys in the level. I used IDKFA and it worked so I fired up an editor and put all 6 keys near the door and tried a few combinations.

You might say I should have better things to do. I did, that is exactly why I did this. I had taken some work home and trying different key combinations in zdoom meant I could delay actually getting on with the very dull task I should have been doing. :-)