Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirgalahadwizar

My mod

My TC, dubiously named "DeathTC" is going to be released soon (within two months). I am about ready to get a site up and running for it, scrapping the old site I have at geocities and rebuilding it (im not about to ask for hosting from any doom site).

It is in essence a weapons mod kinda like Immoral Conduct was, But I am doing more than just weapons modifications, there will be new enemies and items as well. There will be NO new maps.

If anyone wants to help me with my mod to get the last workings done and out of the way, I would add you to the credits. E-mail me for details how to help.

I am in eager anticipation for the release of edge v1.25, I hope it is for the doom source port community what doom3 will be for the quake commmunity. It's just that they said v1.25 was going to be out near christmas, then they keep pushing it back. The problem with this kinda stuff is that you keep getting new ideas when modifying something and you don't knwo where to stop, I have experience with it too. It's hard to do, but sometimes you have to reach a stopping point and rest awhile.

My mod wont be out until at least edge v1.25 is out.

Guest Corsair

HEY GALAHAD! :-)
long time no see man!

Dude, I haven't been ignoring you on ICQ, and I think the E-Mail reply got through (damn Yahoo) so, dude, I haven't been ignoring you or anything, ok? :-)
(btw, I really gotta talk to you on ICQ man)

my mod, as galahad knows, is still in early development (and as yet unnamed), and I intend to release it as soon as EDGE 1.25 comes out, as EDGE 1.24 doesn't run on my Celeron 400. :-(

It adds some weapons, and some enemies (the Nightmare Imp from Doom 64 :-) )
i'm thinking of adding a map or two, but I'm not a good Doom mapper so....
(I did a pimpin' level of E2M2 with the crates cleared out though :-) )
so, as soon as EDGE 1.25 comes out, I'm gonna resume working on my mod (again, unnamed) so I'll just have to sit and watch and cry and whatever.....

Corsair

AIM: Corsair1009
E-Mail: adventkid@yahoo.com

::rubs eyes in disbelief::

Hey Dude!
I thought TB Mantis ate ya or somethin'.

Where you been?

I've made lots of progress on my mod, and it seems that im getting as much into enemy creation as weapons.

I got the shambler, mega imp, and fallen angel (replaces cybie).

Added two new guys called "UAC commando" and "UAC commander", they are mostly found in episode 1 of doom (the one that shipped withe the shareware doom). As the story goes they were sent in right before your team got slaughtered - supposedly they were going to clear a straight path to the teleporter lab but they were ::assimilated:: and now they are big, badass soldiers.

I added some other goodies and you just know im going to add the new weapons in. Since it wont have any new maps im using radius trigger scripts to throw in the new stuff (would be a waste of space just to mapedit the old maps just to have some new items and baddies).

Apparently i only have a few more weapons to go, and im going to be updating my site within the week to more thouroughly support "DeathTC"'s development - hey, everyone else has sites developed exclusivly for their mods so i need one too (mine won't be very fancy though - I cant even put in radio buttons must-less javascript!).

I can't exactly get on ICQ because I have to get on from home to do that, and my dad doesn't like me using the phone for "non-constructive" purposes (translation: he's a tight-ass).

I am developing my mod exclusivly on edge v1.23 because it seems edge v1.24 has more bugs than 1.23 (heh, made a step backwards)

I jsut bought the quake2 quad-damage pack for $20 so I've been having fun with that for awhile (looks really good, even though I can only use software mode - damn good job they did). About the most insidious enemy I can find in quake2 is those little flying bastards and the big ones that shoot all the blasters at you. With the enforcers and parasites coming in a close second (and the berserkers are laughably easy to kill).

Corsair said:

HEY GALAHAD! :-)
long time no see man!

Dude, I haven't been ignoring you on ICQ, and I think the E-Mail reply got through (damn Yahoo) so, dude, I haven't been ignoring you or anything, ok? :-)
(btw, I really gotta talk to you on ICQ man)

my mod, as galahad knows, is still in early development (and as yet unnamed), and I intend to release it as soon as EDGE 1.25 comes out, as EDGE 1.24 doesn't run on my Celeron 400. :-(

It adds some weapons, and some enemies (the Nightmare Imp from Doom 64 :-) )
i'm thinking of adding a map or two, but I'm not a good Doom mapper so....
(I did a pimpin' level of E2M2 with the crates cleared out though :-) )
so, as soon as EDGE 1.25 comes out, I'm gonna resume working on my mod (again, unnamed) so I'll just have to sit and watch and cry and whatever.....

Corsair

AIM: Corsair1009
E-Mail: adventkid@yahoo.com

Yep, im waiting for edge v1.25 to come out as well. Holding my breath because I dunno if im going ot change anything in my mod or add new things because of the new features (like penetriation and beams).

I hope they don't do anything drastic like make it "GL only" or add more bugs into it liek they did with 1.24 (it crashed suddenly over and over again - no apparent reason).

I need gfx for a particle gun, thats about all I have left. Then I'll probably make up a railgun out of bryce 2 and steal my heavy rifle from somewhere.