Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
X-DOOM

Wad Author suggestion #2

Hi ! My suggestion is to add a 3D view like it as on the Build Engine editor for Duke Nuke 3D. And the capability of all aspect of Build.

And another things, too. It's for adding more than 1 external wadfile area to the map properties.

Also. Adding a wad view like WinTex43 did. A new Wad Author who will let s to see all things on the wad and to create / modified.

And for many of the ZDoom map kinds or others, add a parameter to hear the sound of a ambiant sound or sound sequence... like a preview.

Thanks.

P.S.

One thing will be good / perfect, it's to release the source code of Wad Author like many wad builder creator did. !

Thanks

>My suggestion is to add a 3D view like it as on
>the Build Engine editor for Duke Nuke 3D. And the
>capability of all aspect of Build.

That's a good suggestion. And it's one that I've had on my list of dreams for WadAuthor. I remember there was a Visual Basic based editor--DoomCAD perhaps--that had this feature, and it was very useful. I've played around enough with DirectX that I might be able to pull it off. I'll have to think about it and see how the time goes.

>And another things, too. It's for adding more than 1
>external wadfile area to the map properties.

I have no idea what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

>Also. Adding a wad view like WinTex43 did. A new Wad
>Author who will let s to see all things on the wad and
>to create / modified.

I'm not sure what you mean by this either. Do you mean a lump editor or something like that?

>And for many of the ZDoom map kinds or others, add
>a parameter to hear the sound of a ambiant sound or
>sound sequence... like a preview.

Hmm... I don't have a clue how to do this, though it is a good idea. Maybe someone who reads this group could suggest some reading material toward this end? I know nothing about custom sounds and the format thereof in wadfiles.

>One thing will be good / perfect, it's to release the
>source code of Wad Author like many wad builder
>creator did.!

Heh. This is something that lots of people have asked about, but it's not likely to happen in the near future for a couple of reasons. First, I still get companies that *pay* me for the source code (at $500 a pop I might add). And second, WadAuthor includes the bulk of my company's libraries, which are essentially the only intellectual property that lets me build software more easily and quickly than many of my competitors.

Phileosophos said:

ZDoom uses a lump to define all its sounds called SNDINFO.

(taken from the online editing reference at http://zdoom.notgod.com/reference/index.html chapter 9)

"ZDoom has support for special lump called "SNDINFO". This is similar to the SNDINFO lump used by Hexen and is a normal text file embedded inside a wad file. It can contain two parts: The first part maps long sound names to the actual lump in a WAD that contain the sounds (logical sound mappings). The second part defines ambient sounds for use with thing types 14001-14065."

Thanks for the information. When the last real release of WadAuthor was issued, the information on the format of that data was not yet available--shows you how long it's been (grin). I'll take a look at that web page. Thanks!

Phileosophos said:

>And another things, too. It's for adding more than 1
>external wadfile area to the map properties.

--I have no idea what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

Well when you are on the Wad Author screen and you are making a level. Right-clic on the grid and select "Properties..."

This little windows are named "Document Properties" and the message from this windows is : "WadAuthor can include images from within the current document or an external wadfile."

On this windows, you need to select between :

* Include any images present in the current document
or
* Include any images present in an external wadfile

Sorry Phileosophos i'm a bad english speakers !

Ok, I think I understand now. Oh, and don't worry about your English as it's better than my French. Just FYI, I can read French, just not very well. If you're more comfortable posting in that language, then go ahead; I'll do my best to translate.

Phileosophos :

Thanks !
I'm comfortable with french, but i have some little problem with english words. But when talking on those DooM forum, that let me be better.
:)

I can't wait until the next Wad Author release !!!!! Need some screenshot of him ! :)