Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esco

how do you use mp3's in zdoom?

yo, yo, wuzzup! I just got done sending out my doom64 sounds and now I have a question that I hope someone out there can answer: how do I use mp3 music in zdoom? I tried making a new entry, putting in the music, and then renaming it as a level music name (D_ultima level 32) and I don't hear any music when I enter that stage. I am using wintex.

i know that atleast x-doom knows some easy way of importing mp3's with wintext. I think that if you search thru the zdoom forums (zdoom.notgod.com) you'll find the sollution.

What i do know though is that you can try out mp3's from within zdoom by bringing up the console and entering "changemusic myfile.mp3", always something ;o)

Yes, it's very easy to import mp3 to wintex43

Just by rename the mp3x.mp3 file to mp3x.lmp
After renaming him, open wintex and go to the DataLump area. In the DataLump, create a new colormap lump and load the mp3x.lmp as the colormap file. Rename the colormap file to one of the Doom(x) music like D_RUNNIN and save the wad.
Re-open this one wad and the special mp3x will be transfered in the mus section and not on the DataLump area.
Now try to open the ZDoom launchers and load the wad who contain the mp3.

Now the mp3 will be played just fine and to manipulate his volume, just scroll down the MOD bars.

I will make a tutorial for importing mp3 in a wad