Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirgalahadwizar

check out my website

I like the shots. Did you screen shot that monster from Quake (and then you converted it)?

How about making the pictures bigger? Use JPG and you can get them 2x+ as big at about the same dl size.

Well, yeah, I screenshotted the monster from a 3d modelling program like QME or something and did a helluva of post-processing. Basicially "took" him out of quake and put him in my mod, and the results are actually pretty good. THe way I have him setup he's more dangerous at ranges other than melee and the most dangerous up close but not touching because he has a jump and slash technique (circa quake fiend) that can kill you instantly (it can do up to 200 damage).

I made thumbnails of all the images because I remember someone saying before that the images on the last screens page took forever to load.

The reason why the images are so small is because I always run doom in 320x200, sure I could bump up the screen size but the chances of me getting a cool shot would become more and more remote because it would get jerky. I do cleanup my images by manaully blurring, etc. Maybe i'll try having them as .jpg's but I have always had a hidden hatred for the format (because of artifacts, ill just have to drop the compression to about 1)

I didn't realize you ran at 300x200 - should have read the "large" image dimensions<g>. The larger sizes you get when one "clicks" were the ones I was thinking of - but never mind. The thumbnails are great and made me click to get the big picture.

There will always be -somebody- complaining about -something-. Dl times are somewhat of a concern, but like designing a program, if a person doesn't have the minimum specs, it doesn't always make sense to design to the minimum since the majority would suffer.