Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lexef

The best Doom editors?

Guest Lexef

Ok, I havn't made Doom levels for YEARS, and now i've seen all the OpenGL, and slops and stuff, I really wanna get back into it. The last think I used was DoomEd Deulux, can anyone gimmie some info on the best Doom editors?

Try Wad Author !
it's the best i use !
And i'm always using it. No Bugs and it is easy to build a DooM level.

All programs have bugs dearie. It's a great program to be sure, but it's not totally free of problems.

Did you use the "real thing" DoomEd? The name was used by 2. The "real" one was pretty nice for it's time - biggest problem was use of visual basic causing index problems. He licensed my nodebuilder:)

Take a look at DeePsea for an up-to-date editor with additions incorporating all the new ports. In a few days, it will also have the ability to merge TEXTURE lumps and a boat load more. Simply put, it has the "wish-list" already done (ok, the 3d walkthrough is not really complete).

Download from www.sbsoftware.com to get the latest version, since the one here is older.

Guest Chaos
Stphrz said:

All programs have bugs dearie. It's a great program to be sure, but it's not totally free of problems.

the best Doom editor around has to be WADauthor,
but for sheer bulk of features, try DEEPsea.
i use three editors, WADauthor, DEEPsea and WinDEU.
also, does anyone know of any tools where I can put a lot of single levels into a series, one after the other?