Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest D|RE

Wadauthor idea

Guest D|RE

the more i use wadauthor the more i like it. But also the more i use it the more ideas I come up with. I will list them below.

1: Setup a way so you can see what texttures are assigned to the linedef without having to keep going into properties (ie. put it in the info bar).

2: Make a hotkey to Flip a linedef.

3: Make texture assignment easier. (maybe I havent figured this out fully but if i set a linedef to 1 texture, then i go to set the linedef next to it to a different texture it changes the 1st one back.

Guest nateness

I think the best way to improve the whole "texture situation" in Wadauthor is to mimic what Deepsea does. They have a texture browser which displays (the actual number isn't coming to mind) a lot more textures at once. They also let you see which texture is assigned to a particular line on your map just by hovering the mouse over it.

For a better understanding of this, just check out the program called Deepsea (should be in the Doomworld Utilities section)

>1: Setup a way so you can see what texttures are
>assigned to the linedef without having to keep going
>into properties (ie. put it in the info bar).

This is one of the ideas on my list of things to explore. I have always wanted an info bar or something like that.

>2: Make a hotkey to Flip a linedef.

Apparently right-clicking and selecting the flip option is just too much for folks! I'll have to add a shortcut.

>3: Make texture assignment easier. (maybe I havent figured
>this out fully but if i set a linedef to 1 texture, then i
>go to set the linedef next to it to a different texture
>it changes the 1st one back.

Whoa. That sounds like a bug. Is this repeatable? I haven't been able to make it happen.

Guest D|RE
nateness said:

I think the best way to improve the whole "texture situation" in Wadauthor is to mimic what Deepsea does. They have a texture browser which displays (the actual number isn't coming to mind) a lot more

Actually, I like the way Edmap handles this. (sorry Mr. Williston, it must be difficult when you have a million people saying "Do this like Deep, no, no do this like Edmap, no do it like Doomcad" must be frustrating) actually if you come up with a system that works well ill be happy. As far as the whole flip linedef hotkey, that is just mere convience and makes tasks less redundant. please take my complaints as constructive critique. Dont think i dont like wadautho. i cant strss enough I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. I think thats why i offer my suggestions, because i want to help make a great program Greater.

FYI, I don't think for a minute you hate or even dislike the program because you make suggestions. It is often the case, in my experience, that those most vocally pushing for change are also those most favorably committed to the issue at hand, WadAuthor in this case.