Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ViperBoy

I'm making a mod in Edge 1.24................

...so am I totally screwed if I want to make it a mod that uses Edge 1.25 !?! I tryed to run Edge 1.25 with the source for that mod, and I get more error messages than you can ever possibly count...

I don't wanna write my mod from scratch again....

I don't think it going to be huge changes, also i think theres going to be a program to convert ddf's 1.24 to 1.25. I'm not
sure thou!

Guest Fanatic

The changes between 1.24 and 1.25 are many, but overall are quite simple. It only took me a day to rework QDOOM to the new standards, and QDOOM is quite huge.

Using notepad and replace worked really well in most cases.

We are putting together documentation for the changes, should be released befroe too long.

You can still design for EDGE 1.24, but make sure you include it in your package or a download for it so people know what engine to use.

Fanatic said:

The changes between 1.24 and 1.25 are many, but overall are quite simple. It only took me a day to rework QDOOM to the new standards, and QDOOM is quite huge.

Using notepad and replace worked really well in most cases.

We are putting together documentation for the changes, should be released befroe too long.

You can still design for EDGE 1.24, but make sure you include it in your package or a download for it so people know what engine to use.

As long as it's not as bad as quakeC orthat C-crap for quake 2... ddf is fine for me.

Guest Fanatic

It's not a change in the DDF language, just a lot of format changes.

Like instead of using odd numbers like 6550 for half tralsucent, you use 50%.

It's not a problem converting the .ddf files. It's just irritating that the Edge homepage hasn't updated the documentation

Guest Fanatic

Remember that it's a WIP release, it's not a full official release.

Releases like this are often lacking documentation because things are still changing from new till the official release.

We will get documentation updated when it's time.

So when ARE you going to release it?

I've been waiting in anticipation for the last two months, you guys keep saying you are going to release it and keep pushing back the date.

Im trying to decide what things i'll put in my mod based upon what I think edge 1.25 will support. I've already got my shambler in (and his lightning sucks right now, and yes, I have a shambler too).

Guest Fanatic

The WIP is already out.

The documentation, as soon as it done or with the official 1.25 release.

The official 1.25 release will be done, when it's done. We don't have a date carved in stone. Currently we are extremely busy with real life work, so we work on EDGE (and I work on QDOOM and EDGE) when we have time. So please be a little patient. EDGE is a side project we do for fun after work after all, not what we do for a living.