Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

Yet another WadAuthor suggestion

Note to John Williston:

1) Check out the editor WadEd, and make a note of the drawing and sector making (IE how WadEd does this)

2) Make WadAuthor have modes like these mentioned above.

3) I need never use WadEd again.

Uh, if you d this I'll register. ;)
No seriously, I can tell that WA is the best editor around. It's just that people are different, and I happen to be more tuned to the way WadEd works. Yet WE is one of the buggiest editors around. I only use WA at the moment to cut-and-paste sections of map that are too big for WE: IE hardly ever. Which is why I haven't registered yet.

Damn I'd love a decent replacement for WadEd. I'd be happy to pay 20 dollars (What is that, uh, about 14/15 pounds sterling to me?) for that.

I bet the users of other editors that aren't supported any longer would feel the same way. It would be great if the best features from all of them made it to WA.

But you're coming along nicely anyway Mr. Williston. Best of luck!

>1) Check out the editor WadEd, and make a note of
>the drawing and sector making (IE how WadEd
>does this)

FYI, I intend to download it to see how it works. I'm interested in providing some kind of vertex/linedef-focused sector creation tools. I simply haven't implemented them in the past primarily because I could never figure out how they should work. Time, of course, has also been an issue, but I'm already committed to a fair number of other changes at present.

>3) I need never use WadEd again.

I wouldn't go that far! WadAuthor is only one tool among many, and no doubt you would still return to WadEd from time to time. Then again, I threw out DoomCAD and the other editor I was using before discovering DCK, and I haven't used DCK since I finished WadAuthor (grin).