Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lazer

Never mind...

Unless I'm missing something, it would be very useful to have a better texture align system. Say, you select a bunch of walls next to eachother and then use a feature called auto-align. It will align all the textures for you and it doesn't sound to hard to create either. They use it in the Descent editor "Devil".

Edit: it is no longer overlooked...

HAH! I BEAT YOU DEEPTEAM!!

DeeP has this, I think it's had it for quite a while. You pick your walls, go to Misc -> Align Textures -> pick X or Y offset. You can start them from an offset of your choice also. Y seems to go screwy sometimes but what the hell, you hardly use it anyways.

Oh good! I've had some problms with mis-aligned textures. This will help... Deep or DeepSea?

Should be any... I'll say the one I've had the last two years ;)

Gosh, I can't let Jack have all the fun :) WadAuthor has this ability. To use it, select the linedefs in the order you which the textures aligned, or simply select them as a group and let the software pick the direction of alignment. Then right click and choose the align textures option.

Lazer said:

Oh good! I've had some problms with mis-aligned textures. This will help... Deep or DeepSea?

Deep or DeepSea?
================

DeePsea of course:) Besides having more features than DeeP, it's easier to configure.

"X" is a very quick and easy shortcut key. Select all the linedefs (in sequence) and press "X". The menu choices give you more options - just look. "X" always does both sides and the offset is always 0.

The Y offset has more complications and as indicated won't always come out correctly. The interactive visual Y alignment is best used there.

Since now and 2 years ago, a lot has been added - the next version will rock for new texture fans. Also working on decompiling ZDOOM scripts. Probably won't be all done, but it should do quite a few.

Guest fragg

Lazer: As you can now see, both fine editors have the feature (see Jack and John's posts).
So use either Editor -- and "align" to your heart's content. <g>
Good luck.....
fragg