Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ViperBoy

Begging for map artists !!!!!!

There has got to be someone out there who can help me do maps for my mod. I am ridiculesly bad at making maps for doom (can't even join 2 sectors without getting loads of errors).

Send me an email, contact me on ICQ or god knows what (telepathy perhaps ???).....I don't care as long as I get a map artist ...

I remember when I first started. The best editor for beginners and experts from what I have seen, is DMapEdit. Now I don't want people argueing or yelling at me, I am just trying to help him join sectors. It has a feature where you can simply drag open a new room, or in this case, one right next to another one which will attach them. For fixing things up, I like Wad Author. It is simple to fix up little problems that you might have when you finish your level. But I have trouble joining sectors with it and not getting problems as well.

***Hint to the author of Wad Author***
Put in that draw feature that DMapEdit has.

If you like DMapEdit then you should give WaDeD a try only because it works in windows and its just as easy to create rooms with (draw a room, create sector. Draw another room, create sector).

Lazer said:

I remember when I first started. The best editor for beginners and experts from what I have seen, is DMapEdit. Now I don't want people argueing or yelling at me, I am just trying to help him join sectors. It has a feature where you can simply drag open a new room, or in this case, one right next to another one which will attach them. For fixing things up, I like Wad Author. It is simple to fix up little problems that you might have when you finish your level. But I have trouble joining sectors with it and not getting problems as well.

***Hint to the author of Wad Author***
Put in that draw feature that DMapEdit has.

I bought some english (I am danish and live in Denmark) magazine,about 4 or 5 years ago, with a CD that had Deep on it. I've used that program ever since and I don't wanna spend time on learning to use a new editor. I know a lot of Deep(sea)'s features and I am used to using Deep (even though I'm not good at making the maps themselves). Therefore I want somebody to make them for me.

It's really irritating actually because I am good (I think so myself) at making maps for Quake and Half-Life

Although DeePsea(Windows) and DeeP(DOS)are related, I suggest using DeePsea if you can (requires windows 95+)

I don't know for sure what you mean by "joining sectors". There is a sample tutorial that shows how to draw 2 rooms and connect them (which is joining "sectors"). The Windows version has an interactive "onscreen" demo showing you exactly how to draw.

If you are dragging lines over to "join" another area, DeePsea works with short line over a long line and also long to short. The DOS version only does one of these (and I can't rememmber which one<g>).

The main problem that exists for a lot of map makers is not understanding the relationship between linedefs, sidedefs and sectors. Once that is figured out, fixing mistakes is trivial.

Just make sure each all sidedefs forming an area that can "see" each other have the same sector number. The help has an explanation of how this works. The area you draw on the screen is NOT a sector - a popular misconception by many.