Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lazer

Endoom editing...

I have tried both Endoomer and TED, and I can't figure out how to make different shades of colors as I use them. Most good WADs use a nic looking Endoom screen and I can't get mine to work right...

EDIT: Let me make myself more clear. How do I make different SHADES of a color, ie Dystopia 3.

You got farther than me, I couldn't get either of those to work.

(4 years ago.)

Read the help - endoomer.txt and press F1. For example, press Ctrl+C, a color box comes up, put your mouse on a color and click. Now type. Your letters are the same color as selected in the box. Other stuff works the same way. Be sure to think/plan ahead to avoid a lot of redoing.

A bit clumsy (in that it a hassle to change stuff), but fairly easy to do.

Guest longthongdoomer
Lüt said:

You got farther than me, I couldn't get either of those to work.

(4 years ago.)

what are you talking about?

oh and when i made a map the grass textures was messing up my floor texture. im useing unregusterd version of wadauthor

email me and ill send you the "test map i had made to see wht wad author was like to show you what im talkin about"

email:thealienfan@hotmail.com

No... I know how to change colors... I'm talking about how there are 8 main colors and 8 other text blink colors. But look at Dystopia's Endoom screen and you will se many shades of colors. I want to know how you get all those colors.

Guest Fanatic

ENDOOMER.EXE will do all that, read the help file or hit F1 in the editor for instructions.

Have you seen it done with Endoomer? I can't get the shading to work and text blink makes just one other shade.

Guest Fanatic

Works fine here.

Try your file with different engines, it may not work the same on some that don't support DOS images (which is basically what the endoomer stuff is).

I CAN use the sixteen colors, but there are more "shades" that seem to mix to colors together ie black and blue or red and pink. Again, look at Dystopias ending and you will see so many different shades of blue.

My virtually unknown program has an ENDOOM editor as well at

http://wadedit.50megs.com/

This is the only one for Windows I think. Anyway, those shades are achieved by characters #176, #177 and #178. These three characters are patterns, 176 being the lightest and 178 the darkest (well, that really depends on the background and the foreground color, though).

This below is probably going to look awful since the font in this message is using a proportional width font, anyway:

_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*_

#177 looks something like that. Or: one pixel is background color, the next pixel is foreground color. I hope that clears this up. Therefore, if you use dark blue as background and light blue as foreground, you can have 5 shades of blue.

Also you might want to use character 219, which is a full block (all pixels are foreground color). Since you can only use the 8 darker shades for backcolor (the other 8 will flash (unless you program your VGA to use the highest bit as luminance (that's easy, just call int 10 with AX=1003 and BL=1))), by using e.g. bright yellow as the forecolor and the #219 character, you can achieve the effect of a full yellow block. Hope that is clear too.

And one last thing, since these characters don't have corresponding keys, you can enter them by holding ALT + typing the number.