Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

.bex beginner wants help

Topic says it all. Is there any way to get projectiles to originate off-center of the screen.

I have used the Quake2 weapon sprites, and they're at the right, so I want rockets/railgun etc. To come from the weapon and not the screen middle.

Can this be done?

I've seen it done... I think... Try looking at D2XGold, they use it on a weapon.

Guest c-d-w

Not with bex or dehacked.. offset the sprites in the wad to the right.

Sprites have to be offset as has already been said. You have to be careful how you do this, however. Getting it wrong makes the projectile look like it has missed its target when it hasn't, or the projectile explosion may not match the apparent point of impact of the projectile.

The Zdoom railgun, however does have a number of codepointers to make it work from left right or centre:

FireRailgun
FireRailgunLeft
FireRailgunRight

I have only used the centre one, but I assume the others work.

Lazer said:

I've seen it done... I think... Try looking at D2XGold, they use it on a weapon.

Yeah there's no reliable way to do this without editing the game's source code itself. Sounds like a good possible feature for Eternity though, FireLeft and FireRight codepointers with offset parameters would work wonderfully.

Quasar