Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkStorm

A few questions for Fanactic

I was wondering if the rumor of defence for attacks (like, bullets don't kill some things say.. a tank enemy yet rockets will).

Have you guys made the ability for more ammo types?

And did you fix the bug that made weapons hard to select when there is more than two to a slot?

I heard that multiplayer might not be in 1.25, if not, is it planned for 1.26?

Guest c-d-w

According to looking at the 1.25 source code, there are four new ammo types, and you can make the status bar display the clip amount rather than the total amount, there are "classes" of attacks, so one class doesn't hurt a certain species, etc.
There apparently could be (not in 1.25 wip?) a next/previous weapon key(?) And a new limit (30 / 32??) of entries in weapons.ddf.
The reason the weapons could be hard to select is because the 'priority' field isn't set up properly. No two weapons should have the same priority.

No multiplayer in 1.25 was stated a while ago, but the edge team may have changed their mind, although I don't know.

Guest Fanatic

You can set an attack to be immune.

In ATTACKS.DDF:

ATTACK_CLASS=A-Z;

In THING.DDF:

IMMUNITY_CLASS=A-Z;

So let's say we add ATTACK_CLASS=A; to the rocket attack from the player, and for the Imp we add IMMUNITY_CLASS=A;, the rockets won't hurt the Imps.

You can use A-C to include a set of classes.

The ammo types should be in place for the full 1.25 release, but the WIP are still in development mode, so don't mess with it for now, as it may change.

Selecting multiple weapons issue, I haven't tested it with the WIP. So I don't know.

No multiplayer. The problem is we had someone that was supposed to work on it full time, but real life took over, so it's on the back burners for now. It's kind of a good thing tho, becauseof the major changes we are making. That's why savegames are taking so long too, extrafloors add a whole new dimension to savegames and multiplayer. :)

WAIT a minute!!!

what about percentages?
Like, say, I want an imp to take 37% damage or 15% damage or 42% damage from a flamethrower. But lets say I want it to take 175% damage from some kind of anti-demon weapon?

Could always make something take no damage by making it take 0% damage from something.

Man, you took my idea and totally shoved it up a moose's ass!

Guest Fanatic

No percentages, either it's immune or it's not.

This wasn't the result of your idea, but something that was needed elsewhere.

We haven't implemented your idea yet.

c-d-w said:

According to looking at the 1.25 source code, there are four new ammo types, and you can make the status bar display the clip amount rather than the total amount, there are "classes" of attacks, so one class doesn't hurt a certain species, etc.
There apparently could be (not in 1.25 wip?) a next/previous weapon key(?) And a new limit (30 / 32??) of entries in weapons.ddf.
The reason the weapons could be hard to select is because the 'priority' field isn't set up properly. No two weapons should have the same priority.

No multiplayer in 1.25 was stated a while ago, but the edge team may have changed their mind, although I don't know.

Also, if they have the same priority, you could determine which one goes first by which one is listed earlier in the file. Just a suggestion.

Fanatic said:

You can set an attack to be immune.

In ATTACKS.DDF:

ATTACK_CLASS=A-Z;

In THING.DDF:

IMMUNITY_CLASS=A-Z;

So let's say we add ATTACK_CLASS=A; to the rocket attack from the player, and for the Imp we add IMMUNITY_CLASS=A;, the rockets won't hurt the Imps.

You can use A-C to include a set of classes.

The ammo types should be in place for the full 1.25 release, but the WIP are still in development mode, so don't mess with it for now, as it may change.

Selecting multiple weapons issue, I haven't tested it with the WIP. So I don't know.

No multiplayer. The problem is we had someone that was supposed to work on it full time, but real life took over, so it's on the back burners for now. It's kind of a good thing tho, becauseof the major changes we are making. That's why savegames are taking so long too, extrafloors add a whole new dimension to savegames and multiplayer. :)

I found a way to make a rialgun work in edge, althouhg it doesnt work out completly.

Make a close-pattern shot attack, yes, like normal. Then make the weapon "eject" out an invisible projectile attack (using a null sprite, or just a 1x1 pixel transparency), that leaves behind a trail of smoke behind it.

To be any good though, the trail has to stay in effect for a good 48 tics, be transparent, and have 8 or more frames.

-weapon-
rail:a:4:normal:nothing,
rail:b:0:normal:eject(rail_trail),
rail:b:2:normal:shoot,

-attack-
[Railgun]
attacktype=shot; shotcount=10; accuracy_angle=1; accuracy_slope=1; puff=puff;

[Rail_trail]
attacktype=projectile; height=1; width=1; speed=60; puff=rail_puff;
...lalala...
states(idle)=null:a:1:normal:smoking;
states(death)=null:a:0:normal:nothing,#remove;

What I've found is, that the puff trail doesn't need to be noclip because the shot attack will elimiate most of the enemies before the trail hits them, making it look like it went straight through them.

Only problems are that it doesn't account for the low penetration resistance of most enemies (like a cybie or cacodemon), and using zoom you can see the trail being formed as it goes forward.