Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pete the cheat

Ambient Sounds

Guest pete the cheat

Does anybody know where I can get access to any ambient sounds as I just figured out how to make EDGE use these and I need vast collections. Any ideas???

Most games that come out these days seem to have ambient sounds of one sort or another. Likewise, most games are fairly well supported with tools to rip them apart these days. Just do a search around for tools to support any games you have. A couple of examples, Quake3 only needs winzip to open its PK3 files and UT comes with an editor that allows you to pull WAVs out of the UAX files.

However, distributing any sounds you rip out of other games is almost certainly going to be an infringement of copyright.

Guest pete the cheat
Lazer said:

ftp.cdrom.com maybe...

Anybody know of any tools to convert Playstation files to usable files? I mean things like xas to wav or mp3. I would try searching online but I don't know what to look for. And anyone any ideas as to when EDGE 1.25 is released (full version)?

Guest Fanatic

EDGE 1.25 will be released "when it's done".

pete the cheat said:

Anybody know of any tools to convert Playstation files to usable files? I mean things like xas to wav or mp3. I would try searching online but I don't know what to look for. And anyone any ideas as to when EDGE 1.25 is released (full version)?

cnet has tons of convert sound tools...