Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest met123

deh files

Guest met123

is there anyway i can paste them into my wads. thanks

Guest Fanatic

Use Wintex to inset as a lump, or DEUTEX, or any other WAD tool.

Some level editors can do it too, like DEEP Sea.

I thought you had to patch the exe. Are you sure you can insert them as lumps and have them work?

Guest Fanatic

Well, depends on what you want to do with it.

If you want to put it in the WAD file, use Wintex or similar tool and use a source port like BOOM or ZDOOM, which can read dehacked files from the WAD or as loose *.deh files (load them as a -file whatever.deh).

If you plan on using it with DOOM2.EXE, you should make a deh patch, and include dehacked.exe with your zip package, and a batch file to apply it on the user side, as it's illegal to include the original or a patched DOOM2.EXE.

Take a look at the dehacked readme file for more info on this, or see the ZDOOM or BOOM readme about loading and including DEH files.

Well I knew that, that is why I made my above post in response to something that sounded like they said you could do that with any doom. And why is spreading a patched doom illegal and a source port the same thing that has been changed a little not illegal?

Guest Fanatic

A source port is released under the GPL, so a source port is legal as long as you follow the rules of the GPL.

A doom executable (doom.exe or doom2.exe) is a protected/copyrighted program, so putting that online, whether it's modified by dehacked or not, is illegal.