Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Da Snoop

How to write a script for ambient sound?

I would like to have an emergency (alarm) sound in my level, but I don't know how to write the script for it. Whenever I use keyword playsound or playloop, the ACC editor displays an error "Identifier ... has not been declared" (or something like that).
The Sector_SetColor and some other features works well, but the ambient sounds not. I would like to know more about ZDooM's ACS scripts, but the original ZDooM reference is too hard (to understand) for me. I need a detailed "TUTORIAL" to fully understand the ZDooM features (including the scripts ;))

Will somebody help me with this problem?

The original detailed Hexen Specs give the basic information you are looking for. DeePsea has the specs in the online help- topic=Hexen (10.21 or later) or in a separate file (earlier). I revised the specs some. They may also be with the ACC compiler, but I don't know. Here's a snapshot of internal sound functions:

void sectorsound(str name, int volume);
---------------------------------------
Plays a sound in the sector the line is facing. <volume> has the range 0 to 127.

void thingsound(int tid, str name, int volume);
-----------------------------------------------
Plays a sound at all things marked with <tid>. <volume> has the range 0 to 127.

void ambientsound(str name, int volume);
-----------------------------------------
Plays a sound that all players hear at the same volume. <volume> has the range 0 to 127.

void soundsequence(str name);
-----------------------------
Plays a sound sequence in the sector the line is facing.