Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryg1604

Triggers not working

Guest ryg1604

I am designing a very big DOOM I level. It is almost finished. I now found out that some (4 out of 170) walking and switching triggers do not work when I run the game with monsters. The same triggers work if I run it with an option for "no monsters".

I am working under WinNT. My editor is WinDEU 5.99 and I run DOOM with DOOM 95. The WAD includes some special effects that need a good node builder. I use BSP 5.0 with an option to prevent visplane overflow and a tunable factor of 17. Any clues?

ryg

ryg1604 said:

I am designing a very big DOOM I level. It is almost finished. I now found out that some (4 out of 170) walking and switching triggers do not work when I run the game with monsters. The same triggers

I think I know what's going on, as I once had this problem myself. One or more of the monsters are stuck in places too low for their height, for example beneath a closed door or too close to a closed door. This 'randomly' causes other triggers to not work properly.

Guest Fanatic

Yeah, try playing without monsters and see if the triggers work.

Could be what Mordeth says or could be some triggers can be activated by monsters. check that you are using player only line types.

Guest ryg1604
Mordeth said:

I think I know what's going on, as I once had this problem myself. One or more of the monsters are stuck in places too low for their height, for example beneath a closed door or too close to a closed door. This 'randomly' causes other triggers to not work properly.

Thank you very much, Gaston.

I had a shotgun sergeant hidden under a "door with depth". It's him that caused the problem. I removed him. That solved my problem.

ryg