Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest flo mo

Question for Loser

Guest flo mo

Hey Loser since you guided me to getting wad author to use for an editor I have another question I wanted to ask that you might know the answer to.
How do I add a texure to the front of a edge that is higher than the ground level on a map? When I raise the a certain portion of the ground or lower it goes up or down, but I cannot figure out how to add the missing texture that messes everything up.
Thanks.

I can answer this without knowing a single bit about WadAuthor. You need to texture the LOWER FRONT of the linedef. Confused? I'll explain.

Your probably used to texturing the WALLS, in the middle slot. These are one-sided Linedefs, and only need a middle texture. For lowered/raised floors and ceilings, it's slightly different.

Look at the linedef(s), which will be two-sided. There will be a little 'stick' jutting out of one side of the line. This is the FRONT. You need to decide whether it's the FRONT or BACK of the linedef, where the texture is needed, based on the little' stick', and whether it'll be the top or bottom texture slot. Since you're talking about a raised floor, you'll need to texture the bottom 'slot'.

If you're unsure about the front/back of the liedef, texture both. If you're new to editing, it won't matter that they are both textured, but as you learn, this will probably not seem like a good thing to do, for moving lifts, stairs, ceilings etc.

I hope I've explained this clearly.

Guest flo mo

Thanks again Loser for the detailed instructions. By the way everything worked out fine now.