Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crym01

Converting Doom Maps?

Guest Crym01

is it possible to convert (Ultimate) Doom to Doom 2 ... and Doom 2 to Final Doom ... or Doom to Final Doom ...??

if yes, what do i need for this??

Yes, it is possible. I can't remember EXACTLY what the name of the program was, but maybe DoomWorld has it? One word of advice though.. Ultimate Doom uses some different textures (, and I think Final Doom does too, so if you convert a wad from Ultimate Doom to Doom 2 while using those flat/textures, it's probably going to give you a default GRAY1 texture or some crappy texture you don't want, so I'd suggest writing down the number of the sector(s) that uses these textures so you can replace them with a different one.

Good luck!

Edmap has a file called TXTRCONV that lists the DOOM textures not in DOOM2. It may also convert on a save (I've never tried)? There are also several programs that take a level and convert the textures. One is dm2cnv32 and I can't remember the other one. They have external files controlling the substitution process.

You can also load a DOOM/DOOM2 level into the appropriate DeePsea project and do a search/replace on any texture. Running a F10 texture check will tell you if you forgot any. Of course, for the shareware, the level has to "fit" to work.

Levels names are now automatically forced to the format for the project you are in, but the next release will let you manually choose any level name in several of the tools (which will work on any size level).

Yup there is a progam over in the utilitys section called
DM2CONV 3.2 and like Astewart41 says it will replace the missing grafics with a default grafics so you will have to go through your level and sort out the wrong ones.

Guest SoulMuncha
Astewart41 said:

Yes, it is possible. I can't remember EXACTLY what the name of the program was, but maybe DoomWorld has it? One word of advice though.. Ultimate Doom uses some different textures (, and I think Final Doom does too, so if you convert a wad from Ultimate Doom to Doom 2 while using those flat/textures, it's probably going to give you a default GRAY1 texture or some crappy texture you don't want, so I'd suggest writing down the number of the sector(s) that uses these textures so you can replace them with a different one.

Good luck!

Yeah, final doom does add a few. The TNT logo pops up a few times.

Guest Crym01

okeh, i found the dm2conv ... thx :)