Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest longthongdoomer

newbie question.

Guest longthongdoomer

i have used wad auithor a few times to fiddle with the stuff and figure it out.. now heres my prob. I wanna have a jungle like area where the player starts and as he walks it comes to an open field and i wanna have a hous in the middle of the feeling. now the house is gonna have a floor texxture all its own right?? and the outside is gonna be grass right?? now i did make this level and finished it. now i go and test the level, and i can see the cabinds floor texture and the grass texture they mix together!!!! what is going on here!!!

EDITOR:WADAUTHOR
GAME: ULTAMATE DOOM
MY AGE:12
___

It's hard to tell from your description what's wrong. Why don't you upload the level somewhere and give us the URL. I'm sure someone will take a look at it and help you out.

Um. It's pretty hard to determine what is going wrong here with that kind of description, but judging from your newbie status (no offense) your level probably has some unclosed sectors. Check for unclosed sectors, and if you find any, close them up. Unclosed sectors cause textures to "smear" into one another.

WadAuthor has a map check feature. Look for a check mark icon in the tool bar, and run the map check. It will identify the kind of problem you have, and in some instances offer to fix the problem for you. If you have unclosed sectors, however, you'll have to manually close the sector.

loser said:

It's hard to tell from your description what's wrong. Why don't you upload the level somewhere and give us the URL. I'm sure someone will take a look at it and help you out.

That's why I use Dmapedit. It automatically closes and conects the sectors for you. Only rarely does it mess up making you have to manually close it.

Guest SoulMuncha

If I'm wrong, forgive me and forget I ever said this, but...

I really don't think someone is honestly asking for help here.

Guest longthongdoomer
lazer said:

That's why I use Dmapedit. It automatically closes and conects the sectors for you. Only rarely does it mess up making you have to manually close it.

lazer does dmapedit work with windows 98? and does it work with doom2 (at least!)