Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Astewart41

I need some opinions..

Guten Tag, and Wie Geht Es Ihnen?
The help I need is not of a technical nature. It's that of a opinion-related one about my project.

I need honest opinions, no matter how negative you may think it is, sometimes negative feedback helps to better something.

First off, I start with a bit of a storyline on my project which has been planned out in a way of speaking, having to do with many places of evil, (Hitler's SS castles, Demon takeovers of cities, and even an Egyptian tomb!) The plot is to destroy these places in order to stop anymore demons from materializing around them, because many of those places hold dead remains of those long past who committed evil deeds. (From LILEP1.TXT - Episode 1 Beta will be available soon!)

Second off, I'm unsure as whether to use Graphics or not..? I can't create graphics by myself, because quite frankly, I'm a shitty graphic artist. But for a project planned out like this with so many levels, (96 is the magic number for me; spread out over 3 wadfiles) would it need many for what I'm doing? (If any of the people who created WolfenDoom are reading this, may I use some of your Hitler and Brownshirts graphics if needed?) If anyone could help me out on that, it'd be great, because I have a level planned out in my project that I intend to have the following effect happen: Entering a castle in Bavaria that unknown to all, holds Hitler's remains, he is resurrected by an Archvile, and he is one bad mean person *LOL* when I get him put in via DDF, he will hold 2000 Health, He will be able to walk ledges, he holds a Chaingun, (I can't remember, but I believe he had that in regular Wolfenstein as well?) and I hope to modify some graphics to put in a close combat attack.. But that'd be hard. Anyways, that's an example of some of the things I want to put in my project.

My current progress of my most current level (Don't laugh, it's pretty sad) is Map04, which has a dock (With REAL water and a REAL floating skiff), and as well, I have a view window the goes out from the prison section of my castle to another part of the courtyard (With pretty nifty bar effects too!), and a very LARGE, but only 1/4 explorable courtyard with scenery and parallaxing sky effects (I.E The sector sidedefs end in a parallaxed sky effect, not a texture), and other effects. My reason for writing about my project (Not to drop jaws, believe me, it's just a pure work of imagination on my part), is to maybe share a perspective on styles for a level.

(1): If you're gonna make a courtyard, give it a purpose, put some monsters in there, some health, weapons, even another building in the middle!

(2): Something that is always cool is a 3D teleporter, (Using EDGE's 3D engine capabilities, it's possible), which consists of using two 64-unit high poles about 1/4 a gridspace (16x16 on my editor), and then piecing two 8x8(un) sectors together to make one collaged 16x16 cross-section, and because there is a LineDef in the middle of it, give it a main texture of "REDWALL", and make it a teleporter, oh and, don't forget to make the two pieced sectors 3D extrafloors - They'll be frames for it then!

Anyone else have any cool ideas?

How about making us able to download some early (maybe even crappy) version of all this ? Then you don't have to write so damn much everytime you create something cool ?

Well, the problem so far is that I don't have much time to in one given period of time, being that I'm 15, and that I have to alternate between three places currently in life: My mother's (My computer there doesn't have Doom2 or EDGE), My father's (Who does), and of course, School (Which obviously doesn't), so if anyone wants a copy, you'll have to wait a while, being as I only have 4 levels finished. (Four pretty moderately good levels too, mind you! ;) )

- Andy -