Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Cool Textures

Visit http://users.nac.net/schwenz/index.html (DethTex) for some very nice texture sets.

Asylum and Gloom are sweet. I wish I had time to make some maps based on some ideas I got looking at those textures. NYC seemed a little generic, though it would have been nice if ID had these textures when they did the Doom2 city levels ;)

Guest Fanatic

Wow, those look really good! Makes me want to map some more. :)

Guest flo mo

If I downloaded those textures how would I add them so I could use them in the game?

flo mo said:

If I downloaded those textures how would I add them so I could use them in the game?

1. You'd have to convert them into 256-color bitmap format, as they are currently in jpeg format. Use PaintShop Pro, Photoshop, or any of numerous other graphics editing programs.

2. Use a utility such as WinTex, DeepSea, or WadEdit to insert your images as patches into your wad. If you use existing patch names for images that are the same size, you'll have to do little or no texture editing. Otherwise, use those utilities to insert the patch into the texture of your choice (or even to create new textures), make sure the offsets are fine, and you're good to go.

I am using some of the Gloom textures in a new Doombot 4.0 CTF map called Industrial Mayhem. They turned out pretty good I think. I uploaded it to CDROM. Look for rctf2.zip. (There is also a rctf1.zip that uses the Gothic textures).

The bots play tough on this map. A node file is included. I forgot to credit Rich Nagel for the sky textures so I'll upload a corrected txt file when the files move out of incoming.