Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pete the cheat

a weapon question

Guest pete the cheat

ok, i had the idea of putting all my favourite weapons from various mods into one of my own for private enjoyment. When i'd finished it amounted to 40+ weapons. When i load the mod in EDGE though and use IDFA (testing purposes only of course) the game will not let me cycle through all the weapons but randomly selects from a small group of them. Is there any way to get round this or do i have to limit my weapon selection?

I highly doubt I can help, but can you send me the mod? I love trying out new weaopns!

Guest Fanatic

I think EDGE 1.24 had a problem with weapon cycling that was fixed in the 1.25 WIP release.

Guest pete the cheat
Lazer said:

I highly doubt I can help, but can you send me the mod? I love trying out new weaopns!

sorry lazer, i would but all the weapons have come from various mods or games that already exist. I wasn't thinking of releasing it because the people that spent time putting the graphics together might get a little pissed about me re-releasing their work.

I'm not saying to release it. I'm just asking you to send me a copy so I can play with many weapons for my own personal use. I won't distribute or release it or anything like that.

Guest pete the cheat

ok, next question. I've included the Duke Nukem pipebombs in my mod and I'm wondering whether it is possible to use the DDFs to enable manual detonation rather than using a timed fuse as I'm doing now. Any ideas?

Guest Fanatic

Not possible with DDF.

You can use RTS to do something close to this, but not what you need. Check the DAMAGE_MONSTERS function. You can make a trigger to 'damage' only the bombs, hence they die and blow up, and do their damage.