Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lord_of_hatred

mod help

Guest Lord_of_hatred

alright. I am making a mod. I have learned all the basics of maps editing and know lots about dehacked so i got almost everything done. The only prob is that i cant get new monsters sprites. It is kinda annoying because the only answer i find is wintex and other things that are basically the same. However thats only shareware (which i hate) and i cant seem to get anything to work with wintex. I am wondering if maybe there is some altrenative or any other ways to import my own sprites using maybe a deh patch (i run of legacy and its easiest to use deh format) or jsut something else in general. if mot maybe someone knows a good page that actually explains wintex a bit. Also (i did this for my own personal amusment) i tried changing the rockets within doom into flying corpses, however is have the rockets death frame as a dead corpse (rather then explosion) and when it hits the wall, and just hovers in the spot i fired at, instead of coming down and landing on the ground. i was wondering if anyone knows how to make the gravity actually have effect on the sorpse because it gets annyoing if you start shooting rockets at tones of monsters and the room is full of floating corpes.
thanx.

Guest Fanatic

Might wanna break that up into some paragraphs -too much to read in one chunk. :)

By shareware, do you mean Wintex, or your copy of DOOM? If you mean DOOM, you need the full registered/payed for verion to avoid problems.

If you mean Wintex, there are no limits to it, even though it's 'sharware'.

I've generally not had problems with WinTex, particularly for sprite editing. However, two other very good alternatives are DeePSea and XWE. You can get DeePSea at:

www.sbsoftware.com

and XWE at:

wadedit.50megs.com