Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pbldcttr

3D Floooooors

If you know how to make them, please, tell me everything you know or if you know a good place where I can find some info, just write it down.

Pablo D.

If you are asking about the Edge version, there are some good tutorials on the Edge site http://edge.sourceforge.net/. They are implemented much like the Deepwater in Boom and ZDoom. If you are referring to Legacy, you're on your own. I don't know anything about them. Of course, ZDoom doesn't have 3d floors but you can use the new Bridge thing to simulate them. I have a tutorial on them in the ZDoom Knowledge Base.

Are you asking about bridges or about a floor over a floor? Bridges are relatively easy to construct, when compared to floor over floor areas. I'll assume you want to know about floor over floor. Refer to Rick Clark's tutorial at zdoom.notgod.com. However, as the site seems to be down for the past few days I'll do a quick tutorial when I have some time (perhaps tomorrow). It's a rather involved process, which will require quite a bit of explaining.

Sorry if I didn't say which port I want...Legacy 3D floors.
Sorry guys, but I'll keep in mind the zdoom-edge help.

Wildman said:

If you are asking about the Edge version, there are some good tutorials on the Edge site http://edge.sourceforge.net/. They are implemented much like the Deepwater in Boom and ZDoom. If you are referring to Legacy, you're on your own. I don't know anything about them. Of course, ZDoom doesn't have 3d floors but you can use the new Bridge thing to simulate them. I have a tutorial on them in the ZDoom Knowledge Base.

I'll answer it. Make a sector that is not attched with a ceiling of what you wan the floor of the platform to be, and a floor of what you want the ceiling of the platform to be. The wall textures are what you want the sides of the platform to be. Then you have to put a line with a trigger type of 281 on one of the walls of the dummy sector. Now, whatever sectors you give the same tag number as that line, will become one of those platforms.

I did it...I test it...didn't work.
I did it again...test it again...didn't work.
I made one from scrath...test it...didn't work.

Is there any other way?

The have an example wad on newdoom in the section for the contest.

Guest kristus

Hey Pablo.

Well. There's a tutorlial SoM's place.

somgs.demongate.ath.cx

Go to the legacy sextion and read away. But AFAIK EDGE change their linedef triggers to the same as Legacy to make more compatibility. But that's probably for later versions.

/me Mr. Legacy :p

well...that's the thing.
You told me about it some time ago, and I tried it like 4 times. I got tired of it. Then, the newdoom contest started. I used the level that they gave and I looked at it very carefull. I made my level and nothing....
I'll send my map if you want, but i don't think there's anything wrong w/ it. I have the last legacy version....
...man, there's something very wrong w/ me...