Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Astewart41

Sorry

Hey people. I see Doomworld removed my topic for getting a copy of Final Doom. I guess that some people might see that as piracy, as it is technically termed as that. I was just trying to help, as I've been in that situation where I couldn't commercially obtain a copy of a game I lost a long time ago. I hope nobody thought I was gonna start pirating a bunch of shit and posting it up on Doomworld, I was just trying to help Diluted.

Sorry,

- Andy -

Guest Fanatic

The problem is that you are offering to put it up on a public website for anyone to download (offering your username/password makes it public).

Your claim that Final DOOM is abondonware is false. Abandonware is software that has been 'abandoned' by the authors (as such they have stopped selling it) and must be at least 5 years old.

All of id's games are still sold, maybe not by many places, but id themselves STILL sell it to this day.

You can purchase any of their games here: http://www.idsoftware.com/shopping/smauls.html

This is why people go crazy when anyone asks for, and even worse, offers, a download of one of id's games as piracy/warez/free/replacement, etc.

We love id, we defind id, we are all a part of id and want id to live on forever. Stealing from them is stealing from all of us, even if the game is 7 years old.

Nice explanation. I thought you were a pretty trusting person to publicly give your access stuff. It might be a good idea to change your pw - there are a lot of bad asses out there.

A lot of posts claim to have lost the CD (or disk3 is bad) - so it's best to carry on such details in private.

I help out if they send me "proof of purchase" which is pretty easy to do if you think about it - if one really has the product.

Fanatic said:

The problem is that you are offering to put it up on a public website for anyone to download (offering your username/password makes it public).

Your claim that Final DOOM is abondonware is false. Abandonware is software that has been 'abandoned' by the authors (as such they have stopped selling it) and must be at least 5 years old.

All of id's games are still sold, maybe not by many places, but id themselves STILL sell it to this day.

You can purchase any of their games here: http://www.idsoftware.com/shopping/smauls.html

This is why people go crazy when anyone asks for, and even worse, offers, a download of one of id's games as piracy/warez/free/replacement, etc.

We love id, we defind id, we are all a part of id and want id to live on forever. Stealing from them is stealing from all of us, even if the game is 7 years old.

Final Doom is over 5 years old, isn't it? I'm sorry, see, my term for Abandonware was simply software that isn't sold anywhere, and that is at least five years old. I thought iD stopped distributing it commercially when they came up with Quake 3 Arena. Well, hope not too many people are mad. *LOL*

I guess I am partly to blame, but my intentions weren't to make it a free abandonware source. Since I myself DO have morals, while what I did may lead some to think differently, I just know how hard it is to get a back-up copy.

Later people,

- Andy -