Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DeePsea

DeePsea new Windows HTML help file posted

A new Windows HTML style help file (.chm) is available for DeePsea. This type of Windows help file is a bit easier to navigate vs the "classic" help system and has some other advantages.

Go to the www.sbsoftware.com and select the download page.

There's also an online HTML version of the Help system posted. I'm working on one more change to open this in a new window ... hope to finish that tonight.

Hi Jack:

I just downloaded the compiled HTML help file for DeePSea and it's a breeze to use. Makes an already good product even better.

ReX

Thanks Rex.

In all the various forms I forgot to recompile the chm one with the revised style sheet. The background is supposed to be a pale yellow, not stark white .. makes it easier on the eyes.

So I'll need to fix that and upload it again. There will be a note on the web page when I do that. Sorry about that.

Yup, nice and easy to use. Very clear.

Screenies of the prefab tools look good as well. Nice set of NJ textures featured in them too. :-)

On top of all that, the new site design seems to load a bit quicker too.

Thanks. It's always hard to tell exactly how it will translate to the outside world<g> Those prefab dialogs must have been changed a zillion times.

I also changed the way the prefabs "center" on the cursor when interactive sizing, making it a bit smoother (I hope). You'll see soon enough.

Part of the quicker load is that I deleted old news, but Java is pretty slow at loading, so dumping that one tab applet speeded some. To give proper credit, Mike did most of the hard work.

That Robohelp( Ehelp) is one cool program. There is 1 more type of online help I could have generated - a pure web style. The only problem with the current online help is that Netscape can't handle the list box area. Depending on feedback, perhaps a one-for-all format?

Well, now that I have THE latest version of the editor, I guess I might as well check this out. I noticed a few other problems I had before are fixed already.