Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cop999

How do you uninstall Deepsea

Guest Cop999

How do you uninstall Deepsea? Cuz it screwed all my wad files that all of them are needed deepsea for opening

Just like any other windows program - control program, add/remove.

However, it's real easy to fix the registry stuff (I'm assuming you had a "standard" registry setup here, since all DeePsea does is add itself to "WAD" associations.)

Click on My Computer, now View, Folder Options, File Types, find WAD, click Edit and modify "open" to your hearts content. You can also add any additional associations you like.

Some programs modify the associations incorrectly. So all this assumes they had it right, I had copied an invalid way of doing this a long time ago - that totally confused Windows in this area, but fixed that in the last few releases:)

Just realized I wasn't too clear on what else you can do. In this same area, you can add multiple "actions", so you can select which program you want to use to open a WAD.

The "open" is just a default, but if you put the cursor over a WAD and then right click, you can see the various "actions" (there should be DeePsea and Open and ?

Anyway, in the above instructions, you can add any additional programs you like - giving each some identifying name. So now when you right click you have instant access to whatever you do, including launching DoomX.