Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Argh!

Herian

Guest Argh!

Anyone have a working download link to the original Herian megawad? (not the zdoom-only sequel, Herian2)

Guest cocoon

I am still looking for it, but all I've found so far is the herian2 author's site: http://doom.quakecity.net/herian/index.html

This was supposed to be a link to a heretic/hexen conversion named doom2 but it ended up blank: http://freespace.virgin.net/i.w/herianmp.html
and http://freespace.virgin.net/i.w/herian.zip

I also managed to find a review of it at 'Necro's Lair'
Seems to be a Hexen-inspired TC (i have little or no idea of the
storyline though). It uses a lot of graphics ripped from other
games especially Hexen, and i'm certain the colour quantization (palette matching) hasn't worked out that well), and the enemies that have replaced sounds/graphics are a bit unconvincing, but the levels overall are decent (even though i am certain that at least one is a direct rip out of Hexen and the texturing is badly chosen in places).

Overall, it isn't too bad, and quite honestly, it seems to fits together better than its sequel, Herian2.

I better get back on this. It take way longer than I thought

Guest cocoon

Dunno why I put such an amount of work into finding this herian.wad, but I did.

Now I've tried several search engines and several ftpserch-engines, but no luck. All that comes up are pages which leads to nothing, or ftpsearches that points to herian2.zip.

You better try and get a hold of the author or get someone that comes here to send it to you. The possibilty of someone here having it is very likely.

Guest Argh!

I'm sorry you didn't have any luck in finding it either. I really appreciate your effort. That is basically the same runaround that I went through too. I actually used to have the wad, but at some point I lost it. Now that I'd like to play it again, I just can't find it anywhere.

The funny thing is, I could have sworn someone uploaded it to cdrom.com around the same time Herian2 came out. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

Anyone knows where to get the weapon pack for herian2? (the H2-HRTC.ZIP, H2-HRTC.WAD )?, although the main file for herian2 seems to be aviable at some places, I simply can't find the weapon pack (nor the music pack, though Dain Kinkaide told me about the nin.wad containing the same music).

Argh! said:

I'm sorry you didn't have any luck in finding it either. I really appreciate your effort. That is basically the same runaround that I went through too. I actually used to have the wad, but at some point I lost it. Now that I'd like to play it again, I just can't find it anywhere.

The funny thing is, I could have sworn someone uploaded it to cdrom.com around the same time Herian2 came out. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

I have it on my hard-disk. Sadly I have found no download-link.
I could send it to your email-account if nothing other helps. The archive is 3.3 MB so perhaps I would have to split it? How big is your email limit? Well, If you still want it, post back or drop me a mail.

I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand, what's on your harddisk?, the original herian wad or the H2-HRTC.ZIP?

I think it is the original Herian wad:

herian.zip

HERIAN (revision 5, 04/06/1998)

a 32 Level TC made by Ian Wilson

32 NEW levels, NEW textures, NEW sounds & NEW monsters

I remember that it was reviewed on Doomoscope, which was hosted by Doomnation. I do not have played H2-HRTC.ZIP yet (nice hint), he he.

Forgotten to say, that the file I have is not made for ZDoom, it works pretty well with Doom2, and since I have read, that H2-HRTC.ZIP is for ZDoom, I am sure that it is the original herian

Guest cocoon

can you please post it somewhere?

I really want this file since I've gone through such a pain to find it.

I will gladly post it, but I do not know where and how. I have not post any file on ftp.cdrom before. I am not registrated at ftp.cdrom. Can you give me hint where I could post it? Maybe on Doomworld, somewhere?
I will do my best if someone gives me a hint! Maybe Doomworld should install a little posting place for such cases.

Guest cocoon
cocoon said:

can you please post it somewhere?

I really want this file since I've gone through such a pain to find it.

Get yourself a FTP-program like CuteFTp over at tucows.com

Then just upload the readme.txt into cdrom.com/pub/doom2/incoming (I am not sure that adress is correct but it is in the incoming-archieve you're supposed to upload)
and when the txt has been uploaded, send the whole zip. The name of the readme and the zip has got to be the same (ie herian.txt and herian.zip)

I am not sure if it will get accpeted or not since it contains prahics and other copyrighted material (but it has been done before I am sure)

I have have uploaded herian to

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/incoming/

but first the herian.zip and then the herian.text.

I hope that does not matter.

Guest Argh!

Excellent! Thanks a lot man! Cdrom.com is much better than sending it through email. Now anyone can get it after the admin moves it out of incoming. :)